Friday, October 10, 2014

The Partial Plate Has Been Sent Away




     Dad went to the dentist the other day. He went to the first dentist who he no longer remembers but the entire office remembers Dad. That particular dentist had given his own personal home phone number to Dad during the last visit in case complications arose from the dental work done. [None had].

     The partial plate is now being repaired and should be back sometime "next week."

     Dad wants to go shopping once the plate is back and in his mouth. We used to go shopping a bit and I think Dad misses those days. Those days were a bit more carefree for him. He was able to walk after a fashion that did not resemble lurching. He inquired after the cars of strangers in the parking lots. He returned to his room with lots of candy. He wasn't actively dying then or receiving hospice.

     He is weaker now. I hope that I can take him shopping [if he lives]. He is so pale. He was always darker than I am and now he is pasty white. His fingers are so very cold to touch.

     I love my dad. I want his suffering to end.

sapphoq on life

No comments: