Friday, January 19, 2007

THE CIRCUS AND THE CAR SHOW 1/19/07

When I was a kid, I got to see my dad on Sundays. He used to take me to the circus every year. It mighta been held in Madison Square Garden, I'm not for sure. I do remember the elephants walking by us in a line and it was very odd to see them in a building and outside of the circus ring. There were the whirling little red and white flashlights on red plastic string and popcorn and the trapese, the lions, clowns, and screaming kids. I really loved the circus and no circus I've seen up here has ever come close to it.

In New York City, Dad also took me to the Museum of Natural History as I was even at that age something of a nature freak and also once to an Italian restaurant where they made their own pasta, to the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty [we went there on a school trip too but the tour guides never could answer my questions and my dad did], the tip of the Stock Market Exchange where one could see Ellis Island, and to the Car Show at the World Trade Center.

The Car Show was also cool. I liked cars back then and I still do. To see the new models was exciting and even more so the proto-cars-- stuff that was very futuristic at that time but hadn't been built yet. My dad got me and a friend passes when I was old enough to drive in but we climbed up some stairs and got lost and went through some door and landed in the middle of it all so we didn't need them after all.

sapphoq on life

No comments: