Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR 1/1/07

Dad and I usually call each other for New Years to say, "Happy New Year!" This year he wishes that 2007 is 'better' for me. I don't remember whether or not we talked to each other on New Years for the last two years.

Last night-- well, this morning really-- some woman whose name I didn't quite get, called to wish her "neighbors a Happy New Year." It was 1:15 a.m. I heard the phone ringing and I thought someone had died.

One time, my dad was out. It was late at night and someone called. I was annoyed so I hung up the phone without answering. That someone called back several times and I continued to hang up with increasing intensity. Come morning, I found out that someone was calling to tell my dad that someone else had died. What they thought my dad was gonna do at that ungodly hour of the morning I never did get.

I always figured that if someone dies, I really don't want to know about it until morning unless I am expected to immediately fling on some clothing and show up somewhere in order to prevent another death. Some people figures the way I do and some don't. I guess the President got awoke with the news that Saddam had hung but then the President got to go back to sleep. A few relateds have succeeded in annoying me in the past by not telling me that someone was dead until some time later. My mother not telling me about my step-father's death until ten days after he was dead and buried really took the cake. I found his on-line obituary and signed there, noting my regret that I was unable to attend any of the services.

sapphoq on life

No comments: