Friday, March 09, 2007

ROMPER ROOM AND WONDERAMA 3/9/07

I remember with fondness the Romper Room
woman and her magic mirror. I was holding
on to my kitchen chair hoping she would call out
my name at the end of every show. I would stare
all bug-eyed into the teevee trying to get her to
see me.

Isn't that what life is about on a base level?
Getting others to "see" us in their magic mirrors
and waving their magic wan-- oh never mind.

Wonderama, does anyone here have an aardvark?
Does anyone here have an aardvark?
Everyone here has a right and left ear.
But nobody here has an aardvark.

That is what I remember best about that show.
Thankfully, the fundie censors were still in their closets
back in those days and weren't around to
tell my parents that those shows were evil.

Life was already chaotic then and without
Wonderama and the Romper Room, who
knows where I mighta wound up.

sapphoq on life

No comments: