Saturday, May 10, 2008

Restaurant Noise

It is almost officially Mother's Day. One of the things I specifically DON'T remember is people drinking a whole lot on or around Mother's Day. Sometime within the past several decades that must have changed. Either that or the restaurant where mate and I took my mother-in-law for dinner exists in a time warp.

There was a bunch of drunken people at the bar. During our dinner there became a bunch of drunken people at the restaurant. I have noise sensitivity now cuz my hearing is back up to supersonic. Plus I do remember the days when fancy restaurants were quiet. I remember learning as a child to SHUT UP in a restaurant along with which fork to use when.

At any rate, after dinner we took the m.i.l. out for ice cream. The ice cream shoppe was much quieter and there weren't any drunken idiots in there. Next year if we skip the whole dinner thing and just take her out for ice cream instead, we will save both money and aggravation.

spike of sapphoq.com

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Oh dear. Drunk on mother's day speaks volumes. Sounds like the ice-cream parlour was a much better choice.
Best wishes

sapphoq said...

Thanks for your best wishes Maddy. Do you have a blog anywheres? If you do, plz do include the url in your comment so I can visit.

Yeah, I found the whole drunk on Mother's Day thing to be pretty weird.

spike