Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Don't Give Up




Some years ago when I was much younger than I am now, I was going through major butthurt over the idea that people aren't always what they appear to be.  Every time this came up, the pain was intense.  One night, I couldn't sleep.  I turned on the teevee and happened upon New Radicals singing this song on one of the vid stations.  I was still learning that other people's crazed behavior reflected far more upon them than on me.  After hearing it, I was able to sleep.  I went out and bought the album the next day.

               http://youtu.be/F9bS6JFlueI 




This morning, I heard the song again.  I remembered the pain and I also remembered how I was able to keep striving in spite of what other people around me were saying and doing.  The will to live is a very powerful thing.

sapphoq on life  

No comments: