Monday, May 27, 2013

Solemn Memorial Day



Dad was in a parade today.  He got to ride around in a car and wave at the piles of people on the sidewalks spilling out into the streets.  He was very excited about getting to be in the parade today and the smile on his face as I snapped a picture showed it.

It is Memorial Day.  I would be amiss if I did not pause here to remember those who gave their all for us:



Dad loves parades.  He always has.  When I was younger, he took me to my first parade in New York City.  I remember the people and I remember Dad lifting me up and putting me on his shoulders so I could see the marchers.  We went to other parades after that one.  But there is no parade as grand as the first one in my memory.  Dad used to take me to parades.  Now I take him.  [But this parade, I didn't take him.  I took pictures of him in the car with the flag waving to the crowds].

sapphoq on life  

No comments: