Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lies



I took pictures and I altered them and I made this. Please right-click to download to your computer if you wish to save it and/or use it.



     I detest being lied to. There is no reason to lie to me about where you are when I call you. Hey, vacations are great. Long ones are wonderful. Where do you get off telling me that you can't talk because you are at work?

     The truth would have sufficed. I'm out with friends right now and I can't talk. Can you send me the info? Yeah, I would have understood that. Totally. I get that. 

     It's considered "rude" to take phone calls when entertaining. Even though a large percentage of people do it anyway, it is not cool. I tell people I need to call them back when I am with friends. So the truth would have been respected.

     Things are stressful enough when advocating for a dying parent. I visit several times a week. Until recently, I was transporting to doctor appointments. I watched as yet another mini-mental status was conducted. The results never improved. "I haven't seen her in eight months." I had no words to explain your absence. He loves us both. Now he is actively dying. Your lies roll off your tongue.

     This is not about you and it is not about me. We are losing one person. He is losing everyone. Take your drama and your lies elsewhere. I am burnt to a crisp.

                          ~ sapphoq on life

         

No comments: