Monday, August 11, 2014

On The Wind




Death is on the wind by sapphoq 8/11/2014


























"People come in here and people go out of here. Some of them die."

"Yes."

"Am I going to die soon?"

"What do you think?"

"Yes, that could be on the wind."

"I think so too. Are you afraid to die?"

"No."

[redacted]

"What's going to happen to me?"

"When you can't stay here safely, you're going to move to the  hospice."

"Okay."

"What comes next after the walker?"

"A wheelchair. But using a wheelchair is better than not being able
 to go places."

"Okay."


     Some years ago, Gloria Thomas put out a New Age album called, "When I Become The Wind." Her husband B.J. Thomas was featured on it along with some other folks. I could not find the lyrics to the title song on the web. I only found one site-- in New Zealand-- that still sells the album. I have the cassette tape.

     "When I Become the Wind" is about death. Unless you have the album yourself or are better at web searching than I am, you'll have to take my word for it. It is a haunting melody.

     During my own near death experience (triggered by fear and not by being close to dying), a wind knocked me back and I awoke. The idea of death being a wind or of us becoming wind after we die is not alien to me.

     Until the above conversation, I pictured Death at the backdoor and waiting for Dad to be ready to go. Now I think she is the wind that will free him from his physical body. After Death there is nothing. Just the wind whispering that Love Was Here.

                              ~ sapphoq on life ~

No comments: