Tuesday, February 20, 2007

THE DOCTOR 2/20/07

When I was a kid, we had a family doctor. He was a drunk and people knew it. He showed up drunk at my step-grandfather's funeral. The doctor's office was on the first floor of his house and he had a driveway with a parking lot in the back. He had a wife and son too, although I can't put names or faces to either one. The doctor flooded his driveway and parking lot once on purpose so his son could ice skate. Something like that at any rate. Somehow the reason for the iced up lot doesn't seem "correct" to me now. I remember cutting through his lot one day and thinking I "broke it", not realizing that it was in fact just a layer of ice that was breaking up. I was used to indoor skating rinks and a very small local pond that the community used for skating. Layers of ice in a parking lot for whatever reason-- no.

sapphoq on life

No comments: