Monday, February 12, 2007

SNOWBALL 2/12/07

Out on the school playground, a kid hit me with a snowball right in the face. He was not a particularly malicious kid. He just happened to have true aim that day.

This was no ordinary snowball. It was an iceball and I bled. Yuck. I had a scab from it. The scab fell off and the small wound healed up.

My dad had a couple of friends who had a couple of kids and the kids had a samoyed whose name was Snowball. I can still see her running in their yard. A big happy thing she was with far more fur than skin.

The year I discovered joints, I also discovered Frank Zappa. Don't eat yellow snow. Nanook the eskimo.

My dog likes to bite snowballs as I throw them to her.

sapphoq on life

2 comments:

Kim Jong il said...

I could feel that snowball when I read this..Ouch. I hope you don't have a huge bruise. I had a black lab mix who loved the snow. Whenever someone would shovel she would jump in the air to catch the snow as it was thrown all over her.

sapphoq said...

He got me on the side of my nose below an eye.
Dogs are indeed wonderful beings!

sapphoq